Friday, October 16, 2009

Jiuzhaigou and Zhangjinjie

Thanks to Pauline Cheng for sharing with us her trip to two of the most beautiful places on earth:

Barely three months after our West Coast tour in US in June with a dozen of BHJS friends, Fred and I have just returned from another expedition to Jiuzhaigou and Zhangjinjie. This time we were invited to join the tour organized by one of my UA friends.
All I could say is “Wow!” to all I saw and experienced, and I was tempted to say that we did not have to go far to see the great wonders of the world. The Five Colored Pool, the Tianzi Mountain, and Huanglong Cave are just some of the many magnificent and unique features we sight saw along the way. Be it be mountain, waterfall, stream, forest and flower, everywhere we went just echoes God’s praises and tells of His power.
I took another opportunity to challenge my aged body. I made to the Tianmen Cave at Zhangjinjie, by climbing up and going down 999 steps each way. Our group (18 people) was all amazed at the three crazy people who made this endeavor. Going by Fred’s motto, we just have to do what we physically can at any given moment. At our delicate ages, who knows what we will be up to the next time.
We are now anticipating our next big trips - to New Zealand next March and Peru in June, hopefully with the bunch of our BHJS travel buddies again.
Pauline Cheng, Calgary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home