Saturday, June 09, 2012

Thanking Irene's Guarding Angels

You probably have heard about the horrific shooting on 2 June 2012 in the Eaton Centre, Toronto's premier downtown shopping mall.  Irene Tsai sent me the following story of how she is being looked after by her guarding angels to ward off a tragic encounter.

As you can tell, I have been really, really busy since I last saw you.  Actually, I drove up to Markham right after our lunch to run a few important errands and then raced home to get my Niki running shoes to get to the Eaton Centre for exchange/refund shortly after 6 p.m. by subway (I now live on the Yonge subway line, Yonge & St. Clair W).  But, right before I left home again for the subway, I suddenly got a serious sleep attack around 5:45 p.m.  I decided not to fight against nature and took a power nap on my couch for a good 15 or 20 min. 

You see, I am only 10 min away from the Eaton Centre by subway on the Yonge Line.  But, when the train got to Rosedale Station, doors were left wide open for abnormally long and it did not move any further for a good 10 to 15 min.  Everyone was sitting quietly and patiently (typical white Canadians!!!).  I was irritated inside and kept looking @ my watch.  Now, it was almost 6:35 p.m. and the mall's closing @ 7 p.m. on Saturdays.  I wanted to go to Sports Check and then the Food Court to pick up food items for my long airport Sunday shift the next day.  Suddenly, the PA announcement came on and we were told that the train would not go any further beyond Bloor.  It would just turn around and go northbound back to Finch Station.  God, I was so very disappointed because I am normally very task-oriented on my days off, always trying to meet my target(s).  I looked at the time and knew I would probably get there beyond the mall's closing hour if I had to walk all the way there from Bloor.  Therefore, I just stayed in the same train to come northbound back home. 

Shortly after I got home, I flipped my remote to watch the evening news.  My God, I thanked my guardian angels profusely for looking after me that I am still alive and kicking as we speak.  If I did not lie down to take a quick nap and just headed down to the Eaton Centre, tired like a zombie, I would have arrived right @ those 2 horrific bloody spots at the exact time when gun shots were fired and multiple bullets were flying all around.  I thanked my guardian angels repeatedly all over the weekend!!!


Post a Comment

<< Home