Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A Juicy Party in Toronto

Irene Tsai Yan Ying sent us the following journal written in her excitement at 3am on July 2 after a mini-reunion in Toronto with teachers Mrs Peggy Wong, Mrs Lorraine Leung, Ms Irene Fong, Mr Wong Hin Shing and Mr K K Wong attending. Fiona Wong was there visiting from Calgary. Please enjoy Irene’s write-up of the gathering.

Guys, check it out!!!! This will kickstart things in here! I just got back from a fun BHJS dinner party with Mrs. Peggy Wong & Mrs. Lorraine Leung in it!!! Boy, was I ever so glad I made it there. Oh, three other teachers dribbled in tonight as well, but I don't think I need to reintroduce them to you. Can you imagine that LAING NUI, Mrs. Peggy Wong was talking and joking with us in a friendly and bubbly voice? And the whole time she was speaking to us in fluent Cantonese?! She's very upbeat and looking more than good in real person. We stuffed our faces with sumptuous Chinese food and laughed our heads off all night, rolling back 40 years, obviously. Man, oh man, we were all on high tonight.

Anyway, it's almost 3 a.m. now, I'll sign off here to look for CHAU GUNG. But, let me pass the shots from my digital camera to you before I go. Hey, don't lie, I know you're all dying to see Mrs. Peggy Wong again after all these years, especially the boys who had dreamed about her during Jubilee days.

Ciao,
Irene TSAI Yan Ying


While not an official Canada Alumni event, the alumni banner shown in the above photo had just been received from HK and the gathering took a first look at it. All present really liked the banner, which was done by Nicam Tang, Tang Hing Lin's son. Please click here or Our Photos in Links to find a photo taken by Irene of Mrs Peggy Wong with May Ho and Stephen Lau, current and past chairperson of the Canada Alumni.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kwong Hoi Chau Martin 鄺海疇 said...

We sincerely hope that the teachers in the party can join us in next year's grand re-union so that those of us not in Toronto will also have a chance to meet with them.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tender my sincere gratitude to the organisers of the party, May Ho and Angela Kot. I thank the teachers and classmates who were there for the warm reception. We had a wonderful gethering and even my 20 year old son thoroghly enjoyed the party and was not bored.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Ho Kit May 何潔美 said...

I brought along the photo album I printed from Mok's collection and a few others that I had with Fiona at Christ Church. The party was awesome.
The next day I met with Fiona and visited the Unconditional Love Quilt at Yee Hong Geriatric Centre. The Canada Alumni donated a patch in memory of Mrs. Helen Wong. We had a nice chat which was not possible the night before. Although we have not been in touch for many years, the distance of time just seemed to have melt between us an we are indeed like two long lost friends meeting up again. They said friends that you made while in highschool are the best kind, I agree. I hope we will never lose touch again like we did.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home